Immerse Discipleship & Internship Experience
Interested in using your skills and degree plan towards year-round camp ministry?
Want to grow in your leadership abilities and gain valuable work experience?
Desire a deeper relationship with God?
Purpose: The Immerse Experience at Camp of the Hills are designed to equip young adults with a deeper understanding of Christ-centered leadership through the development of professional skills, hands-on ministry opportunities, and intentional discipleship within a Christian camp environment. This occurs through behind-the-scenes work, up-front leadership opportunities, interactions with campers and guests, mentoring relationships, and working alongside Camp staff and volunteers with a shared purpose and vision.
Time Frame: Full year, 10 month, or semester long commitments (Semester commitments are only available in accordance with a semester internship requirement or in accordance with online studies.)
Content: There are five tracks with different experiences and expectations. Each track is designed to challenge participants spiritually, vocationally, and personally while gaining practical work and ministry experience. See descriptions of each track below.
Financial and Lodging Arrangements: All participants reside on camp property in communal or semi-communal accommodations. Program costs, financial aid, living stipends, or salaries are dependent upon the participants’ program track.
Application Process and Deadlines for Fall 2020:
- August 12 – Complete the online application for your track
- August 12 – Scholarship application (if applicable)
- August 12 – Complete a participant interview (in person or over the phone)
- August 12 – Complete a parent/guardian Q&A session (in person or phone)
- August 14 – Confirmation of Acceptance Date
- Aug 14 – 31 – Receive, Complete, & Submit Program & Payment Agreements
- Aug 29 – 31 – Move-in Weekend & Welcome Tours
- September 1 – Participant Orientation
- 18-19 years old
- between high-school and college/vocation
- looking to grow in their spiritual life and build life skills before moving on to college or the workplace.
College Gap Year
- 19-20 years old
- initial college experience/credits
- looking to take a gap year/step away from their studies to refocus, decide next steps, strengthen their faith, gain work experience, etc.
Internship – College Credit
- 20+ years old
- university junior/seniors
- official internship required/useful for completing degree plan
- wanting to build skills in their field while also serving in a ministry/camp setting
Internship – Work Experience
- 21+ years old
- recent college graduates
- gain work experience while using your degree to serve in a ministry/camp setting.
- build up resumes/portfolios after graduation to prepare for next steps into a full time career.
“Stay-at-Camp” – Online Students
- entering sophomore level in college or above
- taking online course work for the Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021 semesters
- wanting to live in christian community and grow spiritually
- wanting to gain work experience and life skills